- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (depending on your preference)
- 3 carrots (halved lengthwise, and sliced thin or julienned)
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) can coconut milk
- 3 cups filtered water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 4 ounces angel hair pasta
- 1 1/2 lbs large shrimp, peeled, deveined and tails removed
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh lemongrass (optional)
- sea salt to taste
Garnish with your choice of:
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced and 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro OR
- 2 tablespoons flaked coconut
Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Add ginger, garlic, and pepper flakes. Cook for 1 minute, stirring continually. Add carrots, lemongrass, coconut milk and water.
Mix cornstarch and 2 tbsp water in a small bowl until smooth, and add to the pot. Bring the liquid to a boil.
Break pasta in half and add to the pot. Return the liquid to a boil and reduce heat. Simmer until pasta is al dente and carrots are just tender, about 4 minutes.
Add shrimp to the pot, and stir for about one minute until the shrimp is opaque. Remove pot from the heat, and stir in lime juice and salt.
Ladle into serving bowls, and garnish with cilantro and scallions or flaked coconut.
Love coconut? Find out how people are losing weight and getting healthier with coconut and coconut oil. Go to our site at http://coconut-oil-diet.com now and start losing weight today!